Heavy but shapely: five tungsten beads are Superglued in the order as stated.
The tungsten under-body is encased in tying thread and tapered at both ends.
Dubbed tungsten under-body.
|Hook:||Any strong grub hook, sizes 4 to 6.|
|Weight:||Five tungsten beads (one 2.8 mm, then three 3.8 mm, then one 2.8 mm).|
|Shell-back:||Black magic shrimp foil.|
|Rib:||8lb clear monofilament.|
- Superglue the five tungsten beads onto the hook in the order specified (invert the hook to make this easier and neater).
- Encase the beads in a cocoon of thread. Use wider flat thread for this step. Ensure that the head and tail are nicely tapered.
- Whip off and tie back on the shell-back.
- Catch in the rib and the shell-back.
- Dub (thinly) the abdomen fur and thorax fur (a whip finish is a good idea at this point).
- Bring over the shell-back and rib in wide turns. Whip finish and varnish.
Tungsten Bead Department Entry